Content Harry Potter Other

Reviews

Joe Ritter posted a comment on Monday 26th January 2009 2:17am for Harry's Blustery Day

First, this chapter was great. I really enjoyed all the conflicts and Harry's fairly constrained responses. You can really feel him seething inside but tempering his responses outwardly. That's hard to convey in a story.

My only criticism and it's not something you should change. But a sixteen year old teenager being a bit confused over choosing between two girls is not a big deal. I've been confused over most of my life when it comes to choosing girls. You have too many people overreacting. Lupin and Covelli are treating Harry as player. But, there just isn't any evidence. I mean Covelli is supposed to be a Doctor of Psychiatry? Yes? And while it is Remus's daughter, he acts very calm when he calls Harry a wanker. These two are supposed to be adults? Right?

On the other hand, Ron makes perfect sense. His mom has no concept of boundaries so why should he.

darthloki posted a comment on Saturday 29th September 2007 4:39pm for Harry's Blustery Day

"Want something? Oh… I thought you might need help with your assignment," she said absently.
"What do you know about that?" Harry gasped.
"I was walking the grounds, and the centaurs were having a chortle over it," Luna told him.
Harry desperately hoped that she was being fanciful.


Harry stood and glared at her. "Snape’s done something terrible to my friend, that’s what… oh, and I hate you." Lupin crooked an eyebrow at the last.



It’s nothing like that," Ron assured him. He produced a rectangular package. "I’m just excited because I have at last managed a good gift! It’s thoughtful, even!"



I loved those! And I'm interesting in what's happening with Luna...

oso983 posted a comment on Monday 17th September 2007 2:24pm for Harry's Blustery Day

Hi, it took me some time to read all new chapters. Great work. I like that you are very detailed and don't pass to much time without anything happening. And it is good to see how the characters develop. Harry needed his time to grow up a little and didn't do that just one day by saying: ok I need to be different. Good work! Keep it coming!

Ken Warner posted a comment on Monday 17th September 2007 7:09am for Harry's Blustery Day

Thanks so much for continuing this - I had been slowly re-reading the revised version, and had forgotten that THIS was the story with the goblin hunt sequence, which was, as i recall the last chapter ever posted in that version.

I have greatly enjoyed this, and hope that you will feel able to finish it - it is a masterful work, and tremendously imaginative.

thanks and warmest regards

Matt Harris posted a comment on Saturday 15th September 2007 2:52pm for Harry's Blustery Day

I have finally caught up with the posted chapters. The biggest problem with reviewing your stuff is that there are some many good things it is hard to select any any one thing.

I do especially like the way Lupin and Ron tell Harry that the way he is handling Hermione & Heather is wrong. Everybody deals with the situation in a way that seems so real.

Still one of my all time favorite stories.

Muad'Dib posted a comment on Saturday 15th September 2007 9:53am for Harry's Blustery Day

Brilliant, just absolutely brilliant. Seldom have I read a story so well though out and so intensely complicated, let alone without the usual plot holes and other random mistakes. If you are not already a professional author, you should start immediately, my friend! You could make a fortune out of your skills.

I have never liked JKR's storytelling abilities, she banks on having an amazingly intricate concept. Her plots are not nearly as satisfying. What you are doing though is writing as it should be, compelling, fascinating and painfully detailed. Never a dull moment. If someone would only read the last chapter, they would accuse your characters of being OOC. The journey you have sent them on though completely justifies the chances in personality, very well done indeed!

I'm hoping for tons of new chapters, I don't think you'll feel the same way, but I never want this story to finish!

timmerator posted a comment on Saturday 15th September 2007 8:17am for Harry's Blustery Day

The last time I read this I think it went at least this far... I noticed some pointers to HPB and aslo at least one glimmer of DH. I've found your story to be both entertaining and engrossing. Please continue...
Tim

joe aka waytoobored posted a comment on Wednesday 12th September 2007 12:12pm for Harry's Blustery Day

Noooooooooo its finally happened. Oh well I guess i expected this to end up HP/HG. Its a good enough story that i will deal with a pairing that i normally loathe. I cant wait to see keith mcleash for the first time. I wonder what you will do with his character.

FenrisWolf posted a comment on Wednesday 12th September 2007 8:17am for Harry's Blustery Day

It's been a long time since I read this all the way through; I believe the last time it had been posted on Portkey. I hope the sudden flurry of chapters means you finally have new material to post, this is one of my favorites and I've been watching for updates for a very long time. As always it's a great story, and certainly one of the most unique as far as Harry's relationships with his friends is concerned. Good work.

aku ankka posted a comment on Wednesday 12th September 2007 4:53am for Harry's Blustery Day

Your work is v. very good.
I've now stayed up 24 hours just because I couldn't stop reading your newest chapters, yeah, I know I'm slow :D still, a mighty read.
Though I would/would have, like/liked to see more romance in this story.

Clell65619 posted a comment on Wednesday 12th September 2007 4:22am for Harry's Blustery Day

God I love this story.

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Wednesday 12th September 2007 1:03am for Harry's Blustery Day

Wow, this was something indeed, and cannot wait to see where else it goes from here on out, just really well done, and keeping me guessing on what will happen all the way up to this point.

Chloe Broefan posted a comment on Wednesday 12th September 2007 12:26am for Harry's Blustery Day

Oh...it was lovely to see this updated, I only hope you'll finish it as it deserves. I'll never understand JKR, she wrote two heros - one 'born to it' as Harry BWL and another who strived to achieve it, but she belittled Hermione (who IMHO had much more right to her hero status)and turned her into a woman who married an abusive partner/family (no-one will EVER convince me that Ron and Ginny weren't both mentally abusive to Hermione)and Harry married a sad, bitchy, stalker.

That said, I live for fan fiction, and I rank yours amongst the very best. I can't wait to read more.