Content Harry Potter Other

Reviews

adafrog posted a comment on Tuesday 16th July 2013 7:34am

Very interesting. Good.

hholidays posted a comment on Saturday 5th August 2006 12:38pm

Interesting. I like retrospective pieces like this... but they always seem to be oneshots. At one time, I had thought about writing Harry's memoirs... but that project is certainly on the back burner.

Khil posted a comment on Saturday 3rd June 2006 6:02am

Finally I got around to review.

Brilliant! I love the very idea of creating such a story for competition, where rather sappy stories are expected to appear. Generally I admire your consequent sarcasm towards fans grilling you about in YoR. Love the sense of humor.

Idea together with your wide-known writing skills should have made that fic win the contest ;). Harry being old, wise, but sligtly bitter man - nice creation.

T.

The Resident posted a comment on Tuesday 7th March 2006 7:28am

Quite nice. I've very, VERY seldom seen an 'old' Harry story and I treasure one written as well as this one. Thank you. Keep up the good work.

The Resident posted a comment on Tuesday 14th February 2006 12:28am

An interesting ficlet. I find this to be the first story about Harry in his dottage as it were that I have ever run across. I also find it well written and entertaining. Good work (and keep writing; you're good at it).

Rick Peterson posted a comment on Monday 30th January 2006 4:12am

I greatly enjoyed this fic; as others have said, it's fun to see Harry as a crabby, old curmudgeon. I don't see it as sad: the characters all had a century or more. You give some interesting glimpses of the future that I would love to learn more about, but I don't suppose you're going to tell us. I do wonder about the comment of knowing going in that they couldn't have children.

Mr.Intel posted a comment on Friday 27th January 2006 11:20am

Harry as a crabby old coot is something I've not read before and your rendition made me smile. Thanks for that, Mike. :D

Pamala Ritchie posted a comment on Friday 13th January 2006 6:41am

I have mixed feelings about this. I hate the thought of Harry and Co getting old. I think most of us would look back on our lives and remember the Younger (Salad) Days as the best times of our lives.

I suppose there is something to be said for age as you are less likely to make stupid mistakes but physically - yuck.

That said, I liked the story but wish it hadn't stopped where it did. It does not feel like it ended. It was good, drew me in and then left me hanging. Argh!

Kail Ceannai posted a comment on Saturday 31st December 2005 5:48am

While you met the requirements of the ending the ending still feels abrupt.
Great characters. Good job painting past events without being overly informative and leaving just enough room for specultaion.

Filodea posted a comment on Wednesday 30th November 2005 9:52am

What a cute little story. It's kind of sad, with Harry thinking about all the ones who are gone, but overall it has an amusing tone. I like stories that show Harry as old. It means that some people think he'll survive Voldie and the Death Munchers and go on and do well. Thank you for the chuckles. I especially like Ginny.

Jamie46 posted a comment on Sunday 27th November 2005 10:56pm

interesting. i kinda wish there was a bit more to it, but at the same time, it's ok as-is. not a bad little ficlet. although it does end on the word "scar", it kinda feels cut off, as if there was gonna be more to it...

Patches posted a comment on Sunday 27th November 2005 6:22pm

Yep! Harry got old and crabby. That's good. At least he lived that long. I like this. Good work. Keep writing. Thanks, Patches

Lorel posted a comment on Sunday 27th November 2005 2:39pm

I know your work from Portkey. I am suprized that Harry is with Ginny but of course this isn't Portkey so I will just wait until you post the next chapter. I hope you are feeling better. I really enjoy YoR and The Last Horcrux. Whenever I see your penname I jump a little bit because I know it will be worth reading. Can't wait for the next chapters to all of them. :)