Content Harry Potter Other

Reviews

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Thursday 15th March 2012 5:33pm

Hello there,

Wonderful to see that last part, and for it all looking to be working out between one of my fav literary couples. Your McGonagall was fascinating, and more than once I forgot she was a ghost till you reminded us LOL. Fun to see her put Harry on the spot at times, as well as Harry letting the Unspeakables know that it's in their best interest to not mess around with he and his love. May I say that it was great reading this again, though also sad to see it end, as it's a story that I find myself re-reading again.

Ana Maria Fernandes dos Santos posted a comment on Thursday 15th March 2012 2:47pm

Thank you so much for the effort you put in finished the story. Another wonderfull tale of our Harmony duo! I can only wish you the best, and hope to hear from you from time to time.

Big hug, Ana

ProfessorBinns posted a comment on Sunday 8th January 2012 7:33pm

Really gripping, marvelous stuff. I have just read it all the way to this point, so I review the whole: The first half is great action and character development and interplay, and really some of the best of the type; the second half is not the sort of thing that I usually give much time to, but you have made a compelling story of magic metaphysics without losing sight of the emotional core that made the first part so good. Your prose is first rate, as well. Thank you!

in-kinsfire posted a comment on Monday 2nd January 2012 7:22pm

Absolutely wonderful. One last once.

Hawklan posted a comment on Monday 2nd January 2012 1:19pm

nice start so far and I look forward where this will lead

chuckmcdaniels posted a comment on Saturday 31st December 2011 12:36pm

A masterful last twist there, with Siggy sacrificing herself to ensure that the ritual would work! I also really enjoyed the words spoken by all there as they gave their talismans to the ritual. Looking forward to see how you wrapped it all up!

Jonathan Langford posted a comment on Saturday 31st December 2011 11:25am

A truly excellent story, both imaginative and well-plotted. And an excellent chapter.

Frank Hacklander posted a comment on Saturday 31st December 2011 10:44am

I have to admit, this was one of my favorites stories on this site. However, I do not recall having read the last several chapters, only the so-called alternate ending where Harry meets the helicopter pilot (Meg Fairbanks?). That said, this resolution of Hermione's return was impressive and, curiously enough, far more satisfying. Well done.

that1 posted a comment on Saturday 31st December 2011 4:31am

Wow! That was some chapter.

Sarah5 posted a comment on Saturday 31st December 2011 1:47am

At Last Hermione appears did it really succeed or not I look forward to your next chapter.

chuckmcdaniels posted a comment on Saturday 24th December 2011 2:57pm

I'm definitely looking forward to the ritual, and am expecting that it will be just as well-described as all the preparatory work has been! An interesting note about what happened to Hermione's wand. So, presuming that the ritual goes well, she could possibly have a wand that is quite similar indeed to the original! Thanks for sharing this story!

Brian64 posted a comment on Friday 23rd December 2011 3:43pm

Not really sure why but this story never made it onto my reading list like most of the other fics on this site did - I probably just overlooked it. Anyway, as it looks as though you've got most of the chapters of this final edition uploaded, I thought now would be a good time to start.

It didn't work out too well. I've actually spent the last 10 mins trying to find out if there is any way to get two different ebook readers to override the font face and size selections that are hard coded into your story - without success. I've come to the conclusion that I'll probably have to grab the original html for each chapter and edit that to clear the font definitions before then repacking it into an epub or mobi. As that's work I don't want to do more than once, I'll have to wait until everything is posted.. <sigh>

Full_Pensieve replied:

You know, at one time, the site generated epub, mobi, pdf, etc. when fics/chapters were uploaded. (I will admit that I don't know what a mobi is.) I honestly don't know why that happened for some fics and not others, it's not something I initiated. If you're frustrated by the fixed font sizes, etc., you should have seen it when I initially uploaded the files. For whatever reason, I haven't been able to convince the admin system to retain italics, special characters, etc. without fixing the font selections. If the admin system allowed me to upload PDFs, I would host chapter PDFs here - that's how I store and re-read what I write. So, sorry for the frustration; I share it, in some measure, though I greatly appreciate everything Tim (jeconais) has done to provide all of us with a place to read and write.

Cheers,
Mike [FP]

chuckmcdaniels posted a comment on Thursday 22nd December 2011 11:11pm

Where do I start? That scene with Ragnok was amazing! Definitely Harry at his most Malfoy-like, I would say. And, while he said later that he was on the ragged edge during the encounter, he was cool as steel during it as you described it!

More of the same with Croaker in the closing scene. Really looking forward to the next chapter of the story, and I will say that I'm totally enthralled with the story line (even after struggling somewhat with the Nordic words, and parts of the earlier plot). Good show!

chuckmcdaniels posted a comment on Monday 19th December 2011 12:03pm

I've really enjoyed these last two chapters. Since you indicate that the story is complete, will we see the remaining chapters soon? I totally empathize with Harry's feelings about the imprecise nature of prophecies (and from his experiences in the rooms of grœÃ°. Will we see him somehow "communing" with Hermione's essence inside him, or will we just see him meet her again, whole as was promised?

Jonathan Langford posted a comment on Monday 12th December 2011 6:31pm

I remember reading this story before, but I didn't get this far, so whatever's coming is still a surprise to me. That said, I have to say that this is a magnificent chapter. I hope there's a happy ending to all this -- but even if there isn't, you've done a superb job of showing Harry and Hermione and the others doing what they need to do, grim as it is.

chuckmcdaniels posted a comment on Monday 12th December 2011 4:33pm

I have been totally enthralled with this story! It's one of the darkest HP fanfics I've read, but the level of detail is amazing, and the story line is marvelous!

I note from the brief blurb at the top that there are 19 chapters, so with this being #11, we are clearly some distance from the end. I look forward to reading the rest!

Lerris Smith posted a comment on Monday 28th November 2011 11:06pm

This was also a good chapter, yet I must be missing something, since a chapter 19 is mentioned. Perhaps those haven't been edited yet... On another note, this site could really use some kind of search-able database so people can find stories of interest.

Full_Pensieve replied:

This fic is being reposted 1 chap at a time, as time allows. The total length is 20 chapters. An older version of Chs 1 through 17 was previously posted here at FFA.net. The writer's note is a courtesy for those who may have read that older version. Hoping to get 2 or 3 chaps posted in the next week or so; the uploading/format cleanup tasks are a bit time-consuming. With respect to overall site functions, pop over to Jeconais' section of the site. He's the boss/owner/tech-lord. :)

Lerris Smith posted a comment on Monday 28th November 2011 9:37pm

One characteristic of good writing is when things do not always flow like clockwork. This certainly qualifies as an example of good writing. I think this is the first time I've read a story with this basic plot device. It is good to see something new from time to time.

Lerris Smith posted a comment on Monday 28th November 2011 8:29pm

This is excellent writing. Plot wise, I'm hoping that Hermione is okay...

in-kinsfire posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd November 2011 4:41pm

Great story as always. I can't wait to see where this is going.