Content Harry Potter Other

Reviews

Frank Hacklander posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 8:43am for Les Chevaliers de Saint-Pierre

Firstly, I am saddened to hear of the recrudescence of your affliction. Secondly, I think you're one of the finest writers on the site and this story is reflective of said fact. What is particularly impressive is the strength of the storyline, its complexity and its breadth. Others have done things well but have not been able to sustain such quality for as long as you have. I hope that there will be more for that would suggest an improvement in your health. All the best.

Chris Carter posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 7:56am for Les Chevaliers de Saint-Pierre

Good chapter, I especially liked Spat, and getting to see the Marquis again. Another thing I've enjoyed about the last couple of chapters is the story's quicker movement through time.

After reading your post that your health problems had returned, I just wanted to say thanks for the time you spent writing such well-constructed and enjoyable stories. With the lone exception of this fic, I never had any interest in posting on HP forums or in chat rooms, but I do remember you being kind enough to answer questions (with YoR coming to an end I'm especially glad to know who's body Voldy is inhabiting), and even sharing some of your original work there, just wanted to say thanks again, and best wishes to you and your family.

Carol Layland posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 6:39am for Les Chevaliers de Saint-Pierre

I have read this story over and over again and again and until I got the email note that you updated I did not even realize that there was more to it that what I read. Now I just want more. It is a wonderful story and I am so pleased that there is more to come. I eagerly await the next update for the story to continue..

gadriam posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 2:54am for Les Chevaliers de Saint-Pierre

If i tried to keep track of a third of your twists, subplots and oddities, my brain would freeze up. You've managed to merge a few here, and i like that. Harry's little epiphanies are great and illuminating, and you manage to create a credible complex world with just a few conversations. *kowtow* Oz? Bankers in Oz? PleasePLEASE elaborate!
As for the order, I'd suggest S:t Sebastian, patron of the desperate stand,the dying andpolice officers, or possibly even better, S:t Philomena, patron saint of among others; Desperate, forgotten or impossible causes, test takers and youth. She is also called against mental illness, which describes both the adversaries i see in this story quite well. The patron saint of test takers would suit the Sataaja fairly well, don't you think.
Ah, enough of my ramblings. Sterling work, and continue when ready. I'll be right here.

g

whatareyouevensaying posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 12:15am for Les Chevaliers de Saint-Pierre

I hadn't read any of your works before you started the Redux, so earlier in this chapter, I was honestly concerned that Hermione/Snape was a possibility. Crazy, right? I guess I figured that one legitimate author had to write it well in order for the irritating masses to write it so often and so poorly.

At any rate, both this story and this chapter are excellent. While I find it impossible to tolerate Croaker, he's a very interesting character, and your writing style is engaging enough that I never know whose side the story is eventually going to come down on, if anyone's.

Looking forward to more.

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Saturday 4th April 2009 12:06am for Les Chevaliers de Saint-Pierre

Wow, an awesome section here, with things building to a head here, and Harry finally getting that he could have had so much better if Albus had left things alone a bit, if Tom hadn't had ADD and if things could have gone his way nice in the start of things. Loved his talks with Hermione, and that last part made me say "YES!" when they got together there at the end, and here's to the two of them at least making it all the way to the end of things.