Content Harry Potter Other

Reviews

nfk posted a comment on Wednesday 18th June 2008 1:39am for The Old-Old Crowd

I just spent the last few days completely absorbed in this story. It's everything the last few books of the series should have been and then some.

The characters are great, if not frustrating at times. Harry is angsty and sometimes a downright pain in the ass, but his life has been far from normal, despite everyone's best intent. Being pursued by a madman will do that to a person. Not to mention the other events that have shaped him. And all through this, he continues to study and improve on his skills.

First by reading the books Hermione left out for him in the Black library then to Kingsley's Auror training and now with Harry being an apprentice of Dumbledore and his advantage studies. These are all the plausible things that should befall the one fated to fight and hopefully kill Voldemort.

In summary, this is an excellent story and I've loved every word of it. I look forward to the following chapters and hope that you will keep writing.

Carol Layland posted a comment on Monday 26th May 2008 8:50am for The Old-Old Crowd

Once again FanFic Authors has given me a wonderful author and a marvelous story to read. I have both laughed and cried at times during this extremely well planned and well written story. Pleae post the next chapter soon and please let me know when you do.

Patrick Cross posted a comment on Friday 2nd May 2008 11:46am for The Old-Old Crowd

Very well done! I can't wait for the next chapter!

dennisud posted a comment on Friday 18th April 2008 2:10pm for The Old-Old Crowd

What can i say I am throughly Exited and entertained by this saga. I hope you continue to use Luna as you have and cure her problems with the castle. For all his maturing you'd think Ron would give in and allow Luna to be closer, but with Croaker and Lucia nearby he'll eventually have to see a brighter future than he 'thinks' he's seen

And of course after 40+ chapter Harry and hermione have finally acknoledged their relationship!

TOOK LONG ENOUGH!

;-)

Please update soon and with equal quality!

dennisud

mathiasgranger posted a comment on Wednesday 16th April 2008 2:35am for The Old-Old Crowd

Enjoyable story, as evidenced by my numerous reviews...even if all of them aren't exactly glowing.

I look forward to your next update, and I hope you have health and happiness on your side until then.

~Matt

MOD posted a comment on Saturday 5th April 2008 6:31am for The Old-Old Crowd

Brilliant story...

Aelita posted a comment on Sunday 30th March 2008 2:59am for The Old-Old Crowd

Ok I just left a review but i felt that I had to leave another one just to say that I think you dealt with Heather very affectively and I loved what Harry did to Lockhart! I also liked that Harry needed Hermione at the end. Please update this really soon! I love it!

Lya posted a comment on Saturday 29th March 2008 9:29am for The Old-Old Crowd

I'm not one to leave reviews, usuallybecause I've got nothing constructive to say...
but..
Where do you know Catalonia from?

On that acount a couple of comments:
Catalonia lost it's autonomy in 1714 so in a purely legal view Tramposo would have spanish nationality, that said he could consider himself Catalan.
Also, Tramposo is in spanish should you wish to give him a catalan name it would be Trampós.

That said I don't know wether to be happy that my nation is mentioned on the fic or tickled because it's on acount of a dark lord...

Either way,
thank you!!!!

Aelita posted a comment on Saturday 29th March 2008 7:18am for The Old-Old Crowd

PLease update this soon, its nearly the end of March and you haven't posted anything! Great chapter and awesome story! I LOVE IT!

brad posted a comment on Sunday 23rd March 2008 12:38pm for The Old-Old Crowd

Wow, an abso-bloody-lutely LONG chapter indeed! When I finally got the chance to pick it up for some Easter reading I was surprised as to how thick the bundle of pages was. Full of good stuff too.

On the romantic side I enjoyed the brief interaction between Harry and Hermione - and their camaraderie with Ron - roughly in the middle of the chapter. At first I was worried that something BAD was happening, given Hermione's stuttering and dazed expression. A relapse from the mental attack by Voldemort? Malfoy skulking around? I was prepared for some enemy to hove into sight any second ... only then to realise it was all due to Harry's not wearing a shirt.

:-)

COL (chuckle-out-loud, really)

Not only was the scene nice for its own value - was this the first 'kissing him soundly' event following their decision/discovery that they 'just are'? - but it was an excellent divider between the 'serious' sections of the chapter. The humour of H/Hr - and the evil of Spat! ("Those were for me, weren't they?" sighed Hermione) - broke things up nicely and kept this reader on his toes.

And yeah, I know H/Hr is only one part of this epic tale, but your conclusion to the chapter was very nice too. After the seriousness of calling the 'old-old crowd' together to support Harry, and my (shared) anger/sadness at how Heather had been so badly hurt by Lockhart - her personality gone, just like that - "it felt nothing like before, Harry thought" - I felt like needing a bit of comfort myself, and had Hermione's presence (hopefully) back in Harry's rooms well in mind.

Amused that Flitwick is Dumbledore's superior at duelling? That's unique in HP fan fiction, I think.

I still don't get what Goyle and Pucey were up to. I also don't understand how Adrian Pucey can be Head Boy but still be present in Covelli's sixth-year History of Magic class. Have I forgotten something about her history classes being mixed? Hermione, Ron, Lavender & Co. are only sixth years in YoR, right?

"... and both Parvati and Ginny studied him rather intensely". Heh.

Pleased to read of the "Luna Watch', and that Hermione and Covelli are on the case.

Curious as to what actually happened to Covelli, that makes her mind so fragile when she recalls her hunt for Bormann (and Riddle - another Grindlewad supporter?). "The Darkening nearly broke her". Tainted by the dark magic she was trying to defeat? Directly related to how Grindlewad's magic was 'countered' by Dumbledore's team? They all suffered an after-shock, but her more than others? Or, after Grindlewad, did she pursue Bormann for personal reasons, and allow 'the darkness' to consume her? I guess that's what made her take up psychiatry.

Enjoyed the meeting of the Board and the various personalities vying against each other within the constraints of a business meeting. You're setting up the battle lines admirably - Harry is now aligned with the 'old-old crowd', the school board is split down the middle, and so forth. It'll be good to see him get some good solid training, and see how he shapes up, what his tutors think of him. Thank you for the chapter!

Logan_MacLeod posted a comment on Monday 10th March 2008 2:56pm for The Old-Old Crowd

This story is so awesome. I like how you fixed the issue of Harry being with Heather. I have alwys been a fan of H/Hr and not H/G. I've been a fan of any ship other then H/G and slash. Keep up the good work and update soon

Prongs1977 posted a comment on Sunday 9th March 2008 4:54am for The Old-Old Crowd

Great story so far, don't stop now!

Bedrup posted a comment on Tuesday 4th March 2008 4:44am for The Old-Old Crowd

Lot ´s of new juicy stuff. Thanks.

MrRobertsIII posted a comment on Monday 3rd March 2008 4:35am for The Old-Old Crowd

muppet? Malfoy + puppet?

That was a very interesting and well thought out History lesson.

Great use of Ollivander's name. Never seen that done before in fanfic.

More of Mr. Goldstein please. Again, that wa a great job with History of Magic. Far better than anything done by JKR.

Full_Pensieve replied:

It's the second time Ollivander's name has been used this way in fanfic, that I'm aware of.   The first was in HP and the Last Horcrux. ;-)

From BBB.CO.UK's dictionary of British slang:

Muppet - A foolish or stupid person, as in 'Don't be a muppet, I can't believe you're gonna do that.'

I admit to enjoying the juxtaposition of this definition with the meaning of the word here in the U.S.   :-)

Cheers,

Mike [FP]

Casey299 posted a comment on Saturday 1st March 2008 8:37pm for The Old-Old Crowd

Good story, but i hope you keep us updated with heather. i normally dont like new characters in a fanfic but shes grown on me. i also hope she somehow gets her memory back

sanghamitra posted a comment on Thursday 28th February 2008 6:06pm for The Old-Old Crowd

I think Orson Scott Card wrote another series call Tales of the Alvin Maker. try that out.

BIG chapter, B I G Chapter, by the time i was at the end i forgot how it began, this, aside from the recap I had to do of what happened previously.

Excellent reading, good history lesson, but too much dialogues and no action make this a dull chapter.Regardless of all that ... keep up the good work

wwwendy posted a comment on Thursday 28th February 2008 12:11pm for The Old-Old Crowd

hmm, footnote 3...you stated that Uberwald isn't a wizard or dark (as far as you know), but you didn't deny icompetent...just a thought...likewise on #4, you didn't state that Josh wasn't a suck-up, just that he wasn't assoc with mad austrian wizards...

Great story. Glad HP wasn't booted out of Hogwarts (although it was close)

And I still think HP prefers HG, even AFTER HBP & DH...how could he not when compared to GW????

ahsun92 posted a comment on Thursday 28th February 2008 5:32am for The Old-Old Crowd

You truly are a dedicated writer.
Great chapter.

Frank Hacklander posted a comment on Thursday 28th February 2008 5:26am for The Old-Old Crowd

Fantastic update. Still a little surprised by the HHr interaction. Perhaps it's been so long since the last update but I didn't recall that the relationship btwn the 2 had moved so far along. Regardless, liked the characterizations of the members of the Board of Governors. Deftly done. The old old gang will no doubt prove fascinating. I do wonder, though, what you will do with Mlle de Flanders, something good, I hope. Thanks for writing.

insertparagraph posted a comment on Thursday 28th February 2008 2:04am for The Old-Old Crowd

Whee! Excellent stuff throughout. Although one thing got my attention and never let go:

"The young daughter of the English king, Princess Elizabeth, was killed and the king himself wounded."

Say WHAT now?

Full_Pensieve replied:

IP,

There have been a number of references throughout YoR to Queen Maggie / Queen Margaret, the most significant of which was in the last chapter ("Rue Britannia").   Princess  Margaret became the Heiress Presumptive following her  elder sister's death and ascended the throne in the mid 1950s.   Given the personality differences between Margaret and Elizabeth, you can assume a more sharp-edged  queen with a stronger hand on policy matters.   There is no Queen Elizabeth in YoR, and there is a notable Scottish Problem (falling somewhere between the independent rule push in the late 90s and the Irish Troubles).

Cheers,

FP